Now What? AIGA Creative Business Leadership in Crisis Webinar
Here’s a recorded version of the Webinar of “Now What? AIGA Creative Business Leadership in Crisis.” I appreciate all of you that attended and for my partnership with AIGA on this. See the webinar notes and links below on many of the things that I referenced in my presentation.
The webinar is about 30 minutes long, followed by a live audience Q&A.
- A big thank you AIGA San Diego for our collaboration. FYI, they’ve moved the Y Conference to September.
- To learn more about my background, click here. And, you can learn about my services here, and, because people asked, you can email me if you want to know more about mastermind groups and advising I do for creative business leaders and agencies.
- Also, I mentioned my podcast conversation with Jenny Blake, author of PIVOT: The Only Move that Matters is Your Next One, and host of the podcast of the same name. Here’s a link to our conversation on Beautiful Questions in Challenging Times.
- Here’s the video TV spot that Guinness did for St. Patrick’s Day.
- LinkedIn Learning has a handful of free courses specific for COVID-19, and Coursera is offering free courses, too.
- In the “Agile Messaging” portion I shared examples from Nike (Play Inside) & Chiquita Brands. And, here are a few others.
- Here is some information about what Firehouse Subs is doing nationally to support the crisis.
- Adobe has offered cloud products free to at-home students during the crisis.
- And, Adobe is offering discounts for creative professionals. I’m told you have to go through the “cancel subscription” process to take advance of these offers. Before you cancel, you should be offered discount options. As I understand it, the type of discount depends on how long you’ve been a subscriber, number of seats, etc.
- Several manufacturers, including Ford, GE, and 3M have partnered to make respirators and ventilators.
- San Diego locals can get your hand sanitizer from Mike Hess Brewing, or nationally through AB InBev.
- Shoring up your financial house: Here’s the SBA COVID-19 Relief link I shared. And, here’s a more robust link from SBA on a variety of relief source options.
- I mentioned David C. Baker, author of The Business of Expertise, and Blair Enns author of Win Without Pitching Manifesto and Pricing Creativity. And, here’s a link to their 2 Bobs Podcast.
- Here’s a link to the Toni Morrison full quote that I shared on my “Get to Work!” slide.
- I’m putting together an Evolve Manifesto. I’ll share it with attendees as it’s complete.
Lastly, here are the questions that I pose to you:
- What impact, impression, and legacy are you creating now?
- What seeds are you planting and nurturing now that will flourish in the near-future?
- What world would you like to see on the other side of this crisis, and what are you doing to create it?
- What ways can you come out stronger than before?
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or comments.
Steve can help you create an integrated belief-driven business that can reach and align with more of the right people —employees, customers, donors and investors—in a sustainable and meaningful way.