Services For Entrepreneurs
I help artisans evolve into entrepreneurs. The artisan sector (AKA Artisan Economy) is the second-largest employer and one of the fastest-growing economic sectors in the developing world. Businesses in this sector create products from a driving purpose and services defined by human connection.
My work with entrepreneurs is a framework to evolve your artisanship into entrepreneurship. It’s one that allows entrepreneurs to build confidence in their business acumen while keeping the soul of your artisanship alive.
The work I do harvests and activates the driving principles of your belief-driven business while building the practical tools and skills for your business to take root and flourish. I guide entrepreneurs through a journey to successfully grow your business, whether that means evolving your creative business from a maker to leader, launching a tech start-up, or expanding your artisan products into world-class brands.
For comprehensive listing and pricing of my services and packages, download my Evolving Artisans into Entrepreneurs PDF.
About your guide: Steven Morris
Matter Consulting was founded on the principle that successful entrepreneurship resides at the intersection of individual evolution, self-awareness, business growth, and creative pursuit.
Steve has a diverse background as a successful entrepreneur, writer, speaker, painter, beekeeper, surfer, and business strategist. Each of these experiences has informed and allowed him to shape his approach and philosophy to helping entrepreneurs evolve their businesses without sacrificing their integrity.
Choose Your Experience
The options below invite you to choose the level of support that will help you thrive amidst the wild-ride of 2020 and beyond. I’m here to provide you with guidance, tools and community support to help you realize your vision—with love at the core and business-smarts in action.
Evolution Leadership Mastermind Group
PER MONTH / 10 SPOTS ONLY
Everything in the Evolutionary Community Tier, plus:
Two Deep-Dive Strategy Days to evolve your business (as a group) to set your purpose, vision, promise, values, position, and improve business development.
Monthly Virtual (or in-person if local) Meetings with Steve
Monthly Group Virtual Strategy Day Mastermind with Steve
Unlimited email access in-between meetings.
Monthly Virtual Office Hours
REQUIRES 6 MONTH COMMITMENT
1:1 Whole Leader Private Coaching
PER MONTH / 5 SPOTS ONLY
Whole Leader Private Coaching to help evolve your whole person, including your leadership skills, life vitality, vocational path, and guiding you to realize success in life.
Whole Leader Private Coaching includes:
1 Private Deep Dive Strategy Half-Day
Twice-Monthly 1-hour 1:1 calls (or in-person meetings if local)
Unlimited email access in-between meetings.
REQUIRES 6 MONTH COMMITMENT
Evolution Advising Deep Dive (Half or Full-Day)
$2,500 half day / $4,500 full day
FOCUS ON SINGLE ISSUE OR VOCATIONAL PIVOT
If you find yourself at a crossroad in life or vocational or both, and you’re asking “what’s next?” Evolution Advising Deep Dive might be for you.
Evolution Deep Dive:
Vocational or Entrepreneurial Pivot — exploring what’s next for you.
Business Plan or Business Model assessment.
Whole person activation — what’s your vibrant best-life?
SOME ADVANCE PLANNING REQUIRED
One-Off Leadership & Strategy Guidance
Expert Positioning Evaluation /
$7,500, 2-3 weeks
So your business can stand out and effectively compete amongst the crowd of generalists. Review & analyze brand market position to make the service firm less replaceable; evaluate business development flow; devise an optimal system for predictable lead generation.
Business Development Strategy /
$7,500, 2 months
Review & analyze current marketing strategy; evaluate strategic marketing opportunities; devise an optimal marketing strategy to attract more of the right customers.
Brand Position & Lead Generation (For Service Firms) /
$8,000, 4 months
Review & analyze brand market position to make the service firm less replaceable; evaluate business development flow; devise an optimal system for predictable lead generation.
Single Initiative One-Day Strategic Deep-Dive /
$6,500 One-Day Strategy Deep-Dive; 2 weeks prep; 1 day on‑site
This is a strategic deep-dive day, with an individual leader or leadership team, on any topic you or your business is facing. Previous Deep-Dive Strategy Days have included:
Steve can help you create an integrated belief-driven business that can reach and align with more of the right people —employees, customers, donors and investors—in a sustainable and meaningful way.
- “Steve is a best-in-class advisor and consultant. We needed someone that was smart, experienced, organizationally-fluent who could work with the complexities of our teams. Steve exceeded our teams’ very high expectations. He gets business and brand, and I trust him implicitly.”
– Joe Stinziano, President, Samsung North American
- “We truly appreciate all of the guidance and insight you provided. Steve’s presentation to the board was pivotal for our brand’s success. You had a lot of passion for this project, and it showed in the beautiful work that you did.”
– Wendy Grant, Director of Marketing & Communications, Fleet Science Center
- “The impact of our work with Steve is beyond measure. Everyone seemed to double down on their commitment to our mission and vision once we’d grounded it in “Our Why,” and every staff member is 100% committed to delivering on our brand promise in every aspect of our work. We’ve even been able to increase employee engagement by working intentionally to ensure or promise of “creating experiences that transform the heart, mind, and practice” applies within our walls – this promise now drives our interactions with our partners as well as with our staff.”
– Jennifer Tucker-Tatlow, CEO of The Academy for Professional Excellence
- “The campaign strategy you created doubled product sales over the same quarter last year. Great job, great results!”
– Brian Pancarik. Sr. Manager, Corporate Marketing, Sony Electronics
- “We needed an advisor who could be smart and creative while understanding how to help us navigate a complex marketplace. Steven was that and so much more.”
– Linda Mignone, Vice President Marketing, Bridgepoint Education
- “Steve and his team delivered outstanding creative work in reaching fans. What impressed me more was how well the process was managed. Steve is a strong strategic partner — always thoughtful, always dependable. He is an excellent communicator and has an unflappable service mentality. I would not hesitate to work with Steve again.”
– Dave Dresden, Director of Marketing, ESPN
- “Over the years, my Sony team and I used the strategic services of Steve many times. He is the partner-of-choice for several mission-critical projects. His thinking and work are always focused on the brand strategy and the ultimate take-aways for the audience.”
– Linda Vuolo, Sr. Product Manager, Sony
- “Steve did a masterful job in strategizing and expressing the Chargers brand across all areas and developing a campaign that was unique and met with great public acceptance. His efforts have been instrumental in the success of the team.”
– Jim Steeg, former COO, San Diego Chargers, VP of NFL Special Events (including the Super Bowl), and President of the Miami Dolphins
- “Steve Morris is a creative visionary, marketing guru, and inspirational leader. He empowers and inspires every team member to reach their personal best and brings out the wisdom of any crowd. His centered demeanor brings calm to every project and instills the utmost confidence from stakeholders at all levels. He distills a brand promise to reach the greatest impact, leaving a lasting impression that moves people to action.”
– Heather Back, Communications and Policy, Metro, San Diego Community Foundation
- “The work you did in bringing civic pride into San Diego through the Padres brand is terrific. I appreciate your innovative and strategic work in bringing this to life.”
– Tom Garfinkel, (past) President, San Diego Padres (currently CEO, Miami Dolphins)
- “Steve has been an outstanding partner. He effectively managed all aspects of our brand development and was instrumental in working with dozens of key stakeholders to fully execute our regional initiative. Steve provided strategic leadership and creative vision that were integral in achieving our organizational goals.”
– Anna-Marie Rooney, former VP of Marketing and External Relations, The San Diego Foundation