Jenny Blake / Beautiful Business Podcast
Exploring “Living in Free Time” with Jenny Blake
“Free time is either… to be present with your loved ones or with yourself… the other way – freeing our time to do our best work”— Jenny Blake
In this episode, Steven Morris and Jenny Blake discuss:
- The Great Recalibration
- Tips for overgiving people pleasers
- Finding your zone of genius
- Trusting your intuition
- You don’t have to leave your job in order to recalibrate. But it does take some honesty to recognize that what you’re doing is already draining you – at that point, it might be necessary to make a change towards a direction that makes you feel more alive.
- Pause before you make a decision. Ask yourself, “is this something I’ll be super excited about if I was making the request?”, if you don’t feel excited about making that request, it probably should end up as a no.
- What is your childhood wound? Whatever it is you felt could be your zone of genius – something that you’re going to be passionate about doing for others.
- Intuition is a valuable asset when it comes to making good, life-enriching decisions. It’s about looking for what makes you feel excited.
Get “The Beautiful Business” book by clicking on this link: https://the-beautiful-business.com/
Connect With Steven Morris:
Connect With Jenny Blake:
My Two Podcast Questions:
How would you describe a “beautiful business?” And, is there an example of a beautiful business you know or have worked with?
“I think of a beautiful business as one that is life-giving to everyone involved from the owner, to the team members, to the clients and customers and the broader community that no one is thriving at the expense of the others. And that means that the owner doesn’t just get to have abundant free time while their team burns out. And the team doesn’t get to just, do whatever they want while the owner is losing their mind.”— Jenny Blake
Jenny’s choice for a Beautiful Business: Greetabl
“They are this delightful gifting company, And you can send a custom box with a little gift inside. I have a heart tray, a ceramic heart tray sitting by my desk that came from them. It says, good vibes. I love sending greetabls to clients and friends as little kind of three-dimensional thank you package, but a small one, but what makes them a beautiful business is that every time I’ve written to their customer support the answer I get back has so much humanity to it.”— Jenny Blake
What “Non-Business Book for Business Leaders” would you recommend?
Description from Amazon: As we move from the Information Age to the Intuition Age, we need new methods for navigating in an accelerating world. Frequency is the seminal book on living in an energy-based reality–and it provides a reassuring, step-by-step roadmap into a positive state of awareness.
by Tosha Silver
Description from Amazon: A “playful, enlightening, and creative collection” (Spirituality and Practice) of spiritual lessons, anecdotes, and thoughts on the Divine’s intervention in our lives, this brilliantly written and wonderfully entertaining book teaches us how to live purposefully and in line with the Force of Love.
Steve can help you create an integrated belief-driven business that can reach and align with more of the right people —employees, customers, donors and investors—in a sustainable and meaningful way.