Matter Consulting is the home of Steven Morris’ brand, culture, and business advisory work. Steve has been a trusted advisor to more than 3,000 business leaders at more than 250 global, national and regional brands since 1994.
An Evolved Brand is:
A purpose-driven brand which fuses business strategy with organizational beliefs that creates an unignorable company.
A Beautiful Business is:
A business that has belonging, integrity and magnetism which engages more of the right people — customers and employees — for the right reasons.
There’s nothing more powerful than a united group of souls ignited in a common cause with love at the core.”– Steven Morris
Learn More Here >
- “Steve is a best-in-class advisor and consultant. We needed someone that was smart, experienced, organizationally-fluent who could work with the complexities of our teams. Steve exceeded our teams’ very high expectations. He gets business and brand, and I trust him implicitly.”
– Joe Stinziano, President, Samsung North American
- “We truly appreciate all of the guidance and insight you provided. Steve’s presentation to the board was pivotal for our brand’s success. You had a lot of passion for this project, and it showed in the beautiful work that you did.”
– Wendy Grant, Director of Marketing & Communications, Fleet Science Center
- “The impact of our work with Steve is beyond measure. Everyone seemed to double down on their commitment to our mission and vision once we’d grounded it in “Our Why,” and every staff member is 100% committed to delivering on our brand promise in every aspect of our work. We’ve even been able to increase employee engagement by working intentionally to ensure or promise of “creating experiences that transform the heart, mind, and practice” applies within our walls – this promise now drives our interactions with our partners as well as with our staff.”
– Jennifer Tucker-Tatlow, CEO of The Academy for Professional Excellence
- “The campaign strategy you created doubled product sales over same quarter last year. Great job, great results!”
– Brian Pancarik. Sr. Manager, Corporate Marketing, Sony Electronics
- “We needed an advisor who could be smart and creative, while understanding how to help us navigate a complex marketplace. Steve was that and so much more.”
– Linda Mignone, Vice President Marketing, Bridgepoint Education
- “Steve and his team delivered outstanding creative work in reaching fans. What impressed me more was how well the process was managed. Steve is a strong strategic partner — always thoughtful, always dependable. He is an excellent communicator and have an unflappable service mentality. I would not hesitate to work with Steve again.”
– Dave Dresden, Director of Marketing, ESPN
- “Over the years, my Sony team and I used the strategic services of Steve many times. He is the partner-of-choice for several mission-critical projects. His thinking and work is always focused on the brand strategy and the ultimate take-aways for the audience.”
– Linda Vuolo, Sr. Product Manager, Sony
- “Steve did a masterful job in strategizing and expressing the Chargers brand across all areas and developing a campaign that was unique and met with great public acceptance. His efforts have been instrumental in the success the team.”
– Jim Steeg, former COO, San Diego Chargers, VP of NFL Special Events (including the Super Bowl) and President of the Miami Dolphins
- “Steve Morris is a creative visionary, marketing guru and inspirational leader. He empowers and inspires every team member to reach their personal best and brings out the wisdom of any crowd. His centered demeanor brings calm to every project and instills the utmost confidence from stakeholders at all levels. He distills a brand promise to reach the greatest impact, leaving a lasting impressions that moves people to action.”
– Heather Back, Communications and Policy, Metro, San Diego Community Foundation
- “The work you did in bringing civic pride into San Diego through the Padres brand is terrific. I appreciate your innovative and strategic work in bringing this to life.”
– Tom Garfinkel, (past) President, San Diego Padres (currently CEO, Miami Dolphins)
- “Steve has been an outstanding partner. He effectively managed all aspects of our brand development and was instrumental in working with dozens of key stakeholders to fully execute our regional initiative. Steve provided strategic leadership and creative vision that were integral in achieving our organizational goals.”
– Anna-Marie Rooney, former VP of Marketing and External Relations, The San Diego Foundation
Steve can help if…
- You want integrity between your business, culture, and brand.
- You desire actionable organizational values that aligns your culture and drives business outcomes.
- You want to future-proof your brand for changes ahead.
- You want to create a business that makes a significant difference in the world of your people.
- You have come to the awareness that business as usual is no longer working.
- You are ready to evolve your business, brand, and/or culture.