Work with Steve
No business will out-evolve its leadership or culture. Because of this, in order to thrive, businesses need to evolve from the inside, out.
I work as a trusted advisor to evolve brands or cultures, and sometimes a fusion of the two. This work is done in partnership with small and large organizations, and for entrepreneurs. My evolution work addresses both the belief-driven principles and practical challenges that businesses face in day-to-day work, so your business can realize your desired outcomes.
My promise and purpose: There’s nothing more powerful than a united group of souls ignited in a common cause with love at the core.
I work with business leaders to harvest and activate branded-business drivers through Brand and Culture Evolution.
I help artisans (designers, makers, experts, specialists) evolve into entrepreneurs with a focus on Business and Leadership Evolution.
How we can work together.
I believe that your brand and your people (including you, the leader) are your two most valuable business assets. My 25+ years of expertise is in helping leaders build belief-driven brands and cultures in the following ways:
- Brand evolution programs that cultivate your business drivers into all aspects of your organization so your brand becomes unignorable.
- Culture evolution programs that tap the intrinsic motivations of your team so your culture becomes a unified force.
- Strategic planning for businesses including off-sites and retreats to create your business trajectory.
- Strategic marketing and brand guidance, including fractional CMO duties to help businesses attract more of the right loyal customers.
- One-on-one leadership guidance and mastermind groups for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
My work in evolution guidance, for brands and cultures, is not a linear formula, rather it’s a framework. It’s a process that allows leaders to get clear about how to get to what’s next, gain confidence in the midst of the chaos of change, and realize results.
I’ve done this work since 1994. During this time I have worked with more than 3,000 business leaders and guided more than 250 companies through culture and brand evolution.
- “Steve is a best-in-class advisor and consultant. We needed someone that was smart, experienced, organizationally-fluent who could work with the complexities of our teams. Steve exceeded our teams’ very high expectations. He gets business and brand, and I trust him implicitly.”
– Joe Stinziano, President, Samsung North American
- “We truly appreciate all of the guidance and insight you provided. Steve’s presentation to the board was pivotal for our brand’s success. You had a lot of passion for this project, and it showed in the beautiful work that you did.”
– Wendy Grant, Director of Marketing & Communications, Fleet Science Center
- “The impact of our work with Steve is beyond measure. Everyone seemed to double down on their commitment to our mission and vision once we’d grounded it in “Our Why,” and every staff member is 100% committed to delivering on our brand promise in every aspect of our work. We’ve even been able to increase employee engagement by working intentionally to ensure or promise of “creating experiences that transform the heart, mind, and practice” applies within our walls – this promise now drives our interactions with our partners as well as with our staff.”
– Jennifer Tucker-Tatlow, CEO of The Academy for Professional Excellence
- “The campaign strategy you created doubled product sales over same quarter last year. Great job, great results!”
– Brian Pancarik. Sr. Manager, Corporate Marketing, Sony Electronics
- “We needed an advisor who could be smart and creative, while understanding how to help us navigate a complex marketplace. Steve was that and so much more.”
– Linda Mignone, Vice President Marketing, Bridgepoint Education
- “Steve and his team delivered outstanding creative work in reaching fans. What impressed me more was how well the process was managed. Steve is a strong strategic partner — always thoughtful, always dependable. He is an excellent communicator and have an unflappable service mentality. I would not hesitate to work with Steve again.”
– Dave Dresden, Director of Marketing, ESPN
- “Over the years, my Sony team and I used the strategic services of Steve many times. He is the partner-of-choice for several mission-critical projects. His thinking and work is always focused on the brand strategy and the ultimate take-aways for the audience.”
– Linda Vuolo, Sr. Product Manager, Sony
- “Steve did a masterful job in strategizing and expressing the Chargers brand across all areas and developing a campaign that was unique and met with great public acceptance. His efforts have been instrumental in the success the team.”
– Jim Steeg, former COO, San Diego Chargers, VP of NFL Special Events (including the Super Bowl) and President of the Miami Dolphins
- “Steve Morris is a creative visionary, marketing guru and inspirational leader. He empowers and inspires every team member to reach their personal best and brings out the wisdom of any crowd. His centered demeanor brings calm to every project and instills the utmost confidence from stakeholders at all levels. He distills a brand promise to reach the greatest impact, leaving a lasting impressions that moves people to action.”
– Heather Back, Communications and Policy, Metro, San Diego Community Foundation
- “The work you did in bringing civic pride into San Diego through the Padres brand is terrific. I appreciate your innovative and strategic work in bringing this to life.”
– Tom Garfinkel, (past) President, San Diego Padres (currently CEO, Miami Dolphins)
- “Steve has been an outstanding partner. He effectively managed all aspects of our brand development and was instrumental in working with dozens of key stakeholders to fully execute our regional initiative. Steve provided strategic leadership and creative vision that were integral in achieving our organizational goals.”
– Anna-Marie Rooney, former VP of Marketing and External Relations, The San Diego Foundation