Non-Business Books for Business Leaders
But you know that’s impossible.
You bring all of ourselves to work, even if you aren’t aware of it, don’t express it or share it all. The things that shaped your upbringing, the realms where your beliefs were formed and the level to which you’ve re-parented yourself all show up in the leadership realm. Becoming a good leader is directly connected to becoming a good adult. Your personal growth is tightly tethered to your leadership potential. A dysfunctional person in a leadership position will create a dysfunctional culture.
“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”― C.G. Jung
- Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voiceof Vocation, by Parker Palmer
- The Second Mountain: The Quest for a Moral Life, by David Brooks
- The Road to Character, by David Brooks
- Rising Strong: How the Ability to Reset Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, by Brene Brown
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are, by Brene Brown
- Crossing the Unknown Sea: Work as a Pilgrimage of Identity, by David Whyte
- The Three Marriages: Reimagining Work, Self, and Relationship, by David Whyte
- The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have, by Mark Nepo
- Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation, by Dan Siegal
- Principles: Life and Work, by Ray Dalio
- Ego is the Enemy, by Ryan Holiday
- Beauty: The Invisible Embrace, by John O’Donohue
- Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom, by John O’Donohue
- Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life, by Richard Rohr
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, by Elizabeth Gilbert
Drop me a note if you’d like to share a great book you’ve read.
I advise business leaders and work with teams to evolve brands and businesses.
Steve can help you create an integrated belief-driven business that can reach and align with more of the right people —employees, customers, donors and investors—in a sustainable and meaningful way.